Home Page   |   Contact The Webmaster  
1866 - The Castleford Parish Church Restored
The old Parish Church was pulled down and on the 3rd. of September 1866 Alderman Edgar Breffit laid the foundation stone of the new structure. Cash for this was raised by voluntary subscription and, the last ever in the district, a Church Rate. The new church consists of a nave with north and south aisles, south porch, crossing tower, north and south transepts and a chancel all in Early English style.
Castleford Parish Church.
The New Parish Church
 Return To The History Menu